Kent ISD’s Career Readiness Department is excited to announce that the student registration for Groundhog Shadow Day 2017 opens on December 1. Groundhog Shadow Day is modeled after ‘Take your child to work day’, except we have recruited mentors from all around Kent County who are excited to show off their industries to OTHER people’s children! This program will run on February 2, from 9:00AM-2:00PM and will be open to all Kent County students grades 9-12.
The goal of Groundhog Shadow Day is to give students an opportunity to explore their future career by meeting with mentors currently employed in a field that interests them and supplement the learning that happens at school with real world relevancy.
Local employers have very generously offered nearly 700 opportunities for students to shadow this year on February 2. As you might imagine, there is truly something for everyone.
Here are a few highlights of the awesome offerings that will be available for students to February 2, 2017:
- Merchandise Manager at Meijer Corporate
- Industrial Designer at Steelcase
- CEO of Priority Health
- Hands on simulations at Spectrum Health Meijer Heart Center
- Special Event Planner at Amway
- Project Manager at Erhardt Construction
- Development Director at WGVU Public Media
- Executive Director at Grand Rapids Ballet
- Pastor at Central Reformed Church
- Finance & Operations Manager at Open Systems Technology
- Owner & Physical Therapist at Apogee Therapy Center
Students who engage in this program with an open mind and enthusiasm will undoubtedly find valuable information, connections and experience. Will you help us spread the word?
STUDENT REGISTRATION IS OPEN DECEMBER 1-JANUARY 2.
Please visit our site to see the full list of opportunities and to enroll.